Saturday, February 18, 2017

springtime towels

In an effort to use up some of my scrap cotton yarn, I warped my loom in a rainbow of stripes that made me believe in spring...
of course, in the process of "using up scrap yarn" I ran out of some colors prematurely and had to run to Walmart and buy more. LOL

Some quick plain weaving later and I have four lovely towels...
one plaid towel (with a slightly incorrect color order, but if I hadn't told you, you wouldn't have noticed, right?)
And three striped towels...
yes, I know there are only two in the photo. trust me there are three total
All of the ends bound in a bright & cheerful striped fabric...

yarn: peaches & cream cotton from Walmart
heddle: 8 dent, warped at 20 inches





6 comments:

Debbie said...

Very pretty, and I love that you had to run out and buy more to use up your scraps! ;-)

Ondrea said...

They are gorgeous!!!!!

Chantal said...

So fresh and lovely. I really like the fabric you chose for the binding. Beautiful job as always Ellyn.

Maria said...

Such beautiful spring colours for your fabulous tea towels...
Love mine and think of you each time I use it...

Sally said...

These are so pretty! I really enjoy seeing what you weave!

Anonymous said...

wow Elly these teatowels are lovely and look so fresh,well done.