Friday, February 24, 2017

Liberty EPP plus pillow

One of my first quarter goals for the finish-along was to take strips of this beautiful stack of Liberty:
make them into plus blocks:
And make it into "something" which quickly became a pillow:
there's something about Liberty prints that's just so yummy, isn't there? And English Paper Piecing with Liberty Lawn? Oh man! they stitch so beautifully. I really enjoyed this project.

I used a pretty pink grunge from my stash for the back, and bound the edges in one of the Liberty prints that was just too big for the EPP piecing:

This is my fourth finish for the first quarter in the Finish-along. One more to go!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Ellyn i love your new pillow it looks fantastic,well done.

Debbie said...

Boy, you're doing great on your list! Beautiful pillow!

Ondrea said...

A wonderful way to display your beautiful Liberty prints. That would be fun to make. You really are on a roll.

Maria said...

Oh Liberty's are just sew delicate and your cushion is very sweet...

Sophie Zaugg said...

What a lovely cushion ! I've never tried EPP so far but you make me want give this block a try. Thanks for participating in the 2017 FAL, visiting on behalf of the 2017 FAL cheerleading team.