Tuesday, September 29, 2015

watercolor inspiration

My friend Kathie is a fiber artist, she weaves the most amazing pieces. You might remember that I visited her last year in Asheville, NC. Well, in the process of moving to a new city with her hubby, Kathie had a bad fall & has been off her feet for a bit. With her studio packed away in storage, Kathie has resorted to watercolors to explore color theory. Recently she posted this picture on Facebook and I commented that it looked like a quilt...
Kathie commented back "go for it" and I couldn't resist! Never mind that I should have been packing for our recent trip to NYC. I grabbed my notebook and a pencil and made a plan...
Dug into my stash and started cutting...
By the end of the day, I had this mini, an interpretation of Kathie's watercolor, ready to mail off to her...
I hope it brightens her day and helps the healing process somehow! It was a fun little project to tackle.




3 comments:

Kristin said...

Your mini turned out great! Your friend will love it!! :)

Maria said...

What a gorgeous thoughtful gift.. Love the quilting.

Debbie said...

How fun! I love when we can quilt like that! Just take an inspiration and go for it!!