Saturday, August 29, 2015

steeples

My sister, Diane, takes some beautiful pictures of church steeples she sees. Here is one I borrowed (with her permission)...
 You can see more in her Flickr group, taken by her and others (I even took a couple of them) Her pictures were the inspiration for my latest mini quilt. 

After I made my Imagine quilt for the Riley Blake Challenge, earlier this year, I decided I should work backwards and make a quilt for each of my words of the year. Grace was my word in 2014. 

This quilt is 18 x 20 inches and made with two shades of grunge fabric. And yes, I'm going to make a second one for Diane! It's only fair since she provided the inspiration. 

Two words done, three more to go (going to try to get them done before I choose a word for 2016. Wish me luck!)

2 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful photo and your mini is gorgeous... Look forward to seeing the others with your inspirational words.

Melissa said...

This turned out lovely & what a fantastic use of that INSPIRATION! :)