Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Modern Guild meeting

Last night we had our monthly meeting of the McKinney Modern Quilt Guild. So much fun! One thing we did was vote on a challenge mini to represent our guild at QuiltCon in February. I was happy to be one of five who made minis......

Our winner was Stephanie, the second from the left, with the tree. Isn't it awesome? What am I saying? They are all awesome! So much creativity in this group.

Here's a close up of my mini. It's a mini version of my dualing asterisks quilt.....
 I actually drew up this pattern so I could make a mini for my friend, Sarah. She had been threatening to run off with my big quilt ever since I made it! I thought maybe having a small version of her own would make her happy, and it did!


Sarah showing off the mini dualing asterisks quilt I made for her, during show & tell

Something else we did last night was swap handmade ornaments. There were so many cute ones! Here's the one I made for the swap....

I made it using Gingermelon's Snow Folk Pattern that I found on Craftsy. Such a great pattern! And here's the darling ornament I received, made by my friend Chris...

I love it! If you haven't checked out the Modern Quilt Guild near you, I encourage you to do so! If it's anything like my guild, you won't be sorry!


2 comments:

Maria said...

WOW! All five minis are gorgeous. Very talented ladies....
Both ornaments are cute.

Melissa said...

Looks like it was a great meeting - nice minis & ornaments!