Friday, December 26, 2014

handmade Christmas

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Ours was peaceful and fun. I'm so lucky to have friends and family who spoiled me with many handmade gifts. An assortment of ornaments from sewing friends, coworkers, guild members and blogging friends....
Last Monday when I opened up my locker at work, I found this beautiful little tree complete with handmade tree skirt from my friend Sarah! 
This beautiful Christmas mini, complete with metal hanger, arrived from Maria in Australia....

Ally painted lots of canvases for all of us. Some of mine include these fun emojis (some of our favorites to text to each other) 
And a fun Crafty Tuesday sign....
The biggest surprise from Ally was this beautiful afghan! I had no idea she had learned to crochet while she was away at college. From the looks of this, you'd think she had been crocheting for years. I was thrilled to be the recipient of her very first afghan!
Did you receive handmade gifts this Christmas too? I hope you did!


5 comments:

Sally said...

I did receive one handmade gift this year, from my niece (she's also my god-daughter). They made little ball jar candle holders that were painted white and then had a snowman face painted on. Mine is so adorable. I'll have to take a photo and blog about it. She also took a brown lunch bag and drew a Christmas tree on in, to make a gift bag… and made hand drawn tag, too. It was definitely sweet!

Debbie said...

I received gifts in hand-sewn giftbags, but that's all this year...Very cool about your afghan!

Maria said...

Sew many beautiful handmade gifts you received Ellyn especially the lovely crocheted afthan that Ally made for you. It's great Ally.....

Maria said...

Oh! Yes I was lucky enough to receive many handmade gifts thank you my friend for yours.
Will do a post about my beautiful gifts when I get a chance to use the big computer. Can't blog on my iPad.

Melissa said...

What a fabulous bunch of gifts & I'm so impressed with the afghan from Ally!! Mama made us some fudge - I think that was my only handmade gift this year - yummy!