Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Lila Lounge Pants and the Schoolhouse Tunic

Tonight I'll be teaching the Lila Lounge Pants class at Stitched with Love. I wanted a cute, easy pair of pajama pants that beginning garment sewers could make. I chose this pattern before I had tested it out (note to self, never again!)

Aren't they cute? I do think they are. And not hard to make at all. HOWEVER....

The pattern is, sadly, not well written. In fact, I rewrote the instructions so my students would have a clearer guide. The original pattern has steps missing and is very unclear. I was disappointed! 

I am happy with the finished garment however (this is the store sample which I made a month or so ago). I have added instructions to finish the seams with french seams which makes the pjs neat and sturdy for washing.

The other class I will be teaching beginning next month is the Schoolhouse tunic. I first made this pattern in 2011 and it was love at first make! I have made many since then, including this store sample....

As you can see, it fit Ally perfectly and put a smile on her face. Of course I made a second one, exactly like this one, and mailed it off to her for fall. And a new one for me to wear too.....
 I love it made up in teal grunge. Now if only cool weather would arrive here in Texas so I can wear it! The calendar says fall but the thermostat says otherwise.

What have you been sewing?


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hope your class goes well!! I think the temperatures are perfect this week!

Maria said...

Fabulous Lounge pants and tunic..

Pleased you are enjoying teaching sewing...