Saturday, January 25, 2014

roadtrip

Yesterday, I went with my pals, Joellen and Marie, to a quilt show in Jefferson, TX. The drive was about 3 hours from Dallas, but it went by fast with these two. Lots of laughing and storytelling. We forgot to get a picture of the three of us until we were almost home and it was very dark, but here are Joellen and I taking a selfie at lunchtime...
 The quilt show was wonderful! There were so many beautiful quilts to look at and the few vendors that were there were all very good. I bought more than I probably should have. They also had the Hoffman Challenge quilts there to view. So beautiful! Here's a sampling of what we saw...
Marie had a booksigning and a talk to give. Have you read Marie's books? You really must! You can see them all on her website but I will say, her most recent novel, Between Heaven & Texas is my favorite. Marie's characters make you want to crawl inside the book and be their friend. And I'm not just saying that because Marie is MY friend! I can't wait for her new book to come out each spring (is it spring yet???)

While Marie was busy, Joellen and I had some time to wander into nearby shops and spend even more money. Jefferson is a quaint town with sweet antique stores, gift shops and even a general store. It was a lovely day which ended with Joellen and I watching a meteor shoot through the sky as we neared home. You just can't beat a good roadtrip now & then!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Pleased you had fun with your friends..
Gorgeous quilts. Love the Houses and Teapots....

Melissa said...

Sounds like it was a fun day!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You are friends with Marie Bostwick??? Too cool!! I thought I read somewhere that she lived or lives in CT. Other side of the state from me.

Unknown said...

How wonderful to be with friends and having a good time. Those quilts are amazing!

Sally said...

A little get-a-way with friends is always a wonderful thing! Even better that you got to enjoy some quilty goodness, too!

Debbie said...

Sounds like great fun!