Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving and NYC

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my US readers! I'm so thankful for all of you here in blogland. Today I'm also thankful for sweatpants and a restful day recovering from vacation! Did you miss me? Hubby and I took miss Ally to New York City for a special senior trip.

The city was all decked out for Christmas which was fun to see. We met some festive friends on Times Square....
 Saw beautiful ornaments in the plaza across from Radio City Music Hall...
 Visited Rockefeller Plaza where the giant Christmas tree was not yet ready to be unveiled....
 Took a carriage ride through Central Park...

 Spent a good bit of time in FAO Schwartz...
 Enjoyed the decorations in all the windows and even painted on buildings! This one at Tiffanys was a favorite of mine...
We took Ally to her first Broadway show...
 And then we all went to see the Rockettes! That was Ally's original reason for requesting a trip to NYC. Check out the tree in the lobby of Radio City Music Hall. It's all made from Swarovski crystals!
Now we are home. It was fun to watch the parade on TV today, knowing we were just there yesterday! Turkey is in the oven and we're all happy to be home with such happy memories to keep forever.

3 comments:

Maria said...

WOW !!!! I enjoyed the journey with you all.
What a fabulous crystal Christmas Tree.
Bet that turkey was delicious...

Melissa said...

So glad it was a great trip!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Wonderful trip! It's been a few years since I've been to NYC for fun and I'm only a 2 hour train ride away.