Tuesday, November 5, 2013

birthdays

I have two crafty birthday stories to share with you today! First off, my bloggy friend, Maria, who lives down under has a birthday today (only it was really yesterday there, because it's already tomorrow.... got it?). Maria & I have been swapping crafty gifts for a couple of years now, and we decided this year we would make each other pillow covers for our birthdays. You can see the one she made me, months ago, here. I mailed hers off with some other goodies a month or so ago and realized I didn't take any pictures of it! So, while Maria is happily sleeping the Australian night away, I stole her picture off of her blog. I hope she doesn't mind!

I English paper pieced her pillow topper with elongated hexies. The little candle mat is made with wool felt. I always have so much fun gathering goodies for my crafty friends! I hope Maria has a wonderful year.

Speaking of crafty friends, Raquel threw herself a crafty birthday party today! Her birthday is on Saturday (Happy Birthday my friend!)
She got some fun gifts, cards and gift cards. I made this little strawberry pin cushion to put on top of her package. I kept seeing them all over blogland & thought they were so cute!

 Look how Trae used old sewing pattern tissues to stuff her gift bag! Cute!

We all made fat quarter aprons at Raquel's party. I love mine!
 These birthday parties are getting hard to top! I need to start thinking now of something fun to do with my crafty friends in February.

What are you making today?

4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Great way to celebrate! Love the pillow cover you made for Maria. I am doing no sewing right now but I will in 7 minutes. I'm going to work on my own pillow cover. Making a "test" one and see if I like it and then I will make four more for Christmas gifts. :)

Maria said...

Happy Birthday Raquel.Nice to share a BD with you. Looks like such a fun day you all had. Love the strawberry...
Pleased you could use my photo...
Thanks again for my beautiful gifts...

Chantal said...

What a lovely pillow case for your friend down under. You know I like EPP just a little bit!! Also love your apron!

KaHolly said...

Greetings from Cape Breton. Your birthday treats to Maria were just adorable. She was so tickled. I was especially smitten with the candle candle mat. How cute! Was wondering if you might share where you found the pattern. I am flying to TX next month! Heading to New Braunfels, but I used to live up your way in Azle.