Saturday, March 23, 2013

doodling

When I was a teenager (back in the stone age!) I was a master doodler. Nothing escaped my little drawings. Most of them were unrecognizable mind you, but I loved to doodle. Recently I have taken up doodling again, only much more intentionally this time. I find that it really enhances my creative process. I purchased these 2 books to help me start this little journey...
I have this bin full of pens, markers, pencils, rulers, etc.....
 I am a huge fan of Prismacolor pencils. Several years ago my hubby gifted me this enormous tin of their colored pencils which I absolutely love.
 Since my word of the year is strength, I recently started doodling some Bible verses that use my word. This one from Proverbs is my current favorite verse....
 You might notice, I love a good curlicue! Lots of those in my doodling, along with checkerboards and other squiggles....
 And I do love color! This one I just did has lots of color. Oh, and those yellow dots across the center? That's a strip of washi tape I found on clearance at Target. Gotta love a good deal!
I must say I am really enjoying this re-found hobby of mine. Sometimes I have to force myself to put the markers away and do something constructive (like housework!). Are you a doodler too?

2 comments:

Maria said...

Lots of lovely colouful doodling there Ellyn...

Melissa said...

Wow, these look great & like you are having fun with this re-found hobby! I picked up that same washi tape on clearance at Target & just used some on a layout yesterday.