Saturday, December 1, 2012

learning to sew... the ongoing story

The girls came over for another lesson today. One drawstring bag needed to be finished up...
 And then we played with Shrinky Dinks! They had seen buttons and pins I made with shrinky dinks and they wanted to do it too. So we did...
 Wait, what is that she's making?
 ah, it's Justin Beiber! Of course! I'd know him anywhere!
 Somewhere on Pinterest I saw someone suggesting you stick straight pins in a potato when you put them in the oven to shrink. Genius! It worked like a charm. The girls straight pins were so creative and cool!
Next time they come, we're going to make pretty patchwork pincushions so they can display their awesome pins. Stay tuned!

Also, did you hear? Monday is Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day! I'll be playing along for sure. Check this space on Monday for goodies you can win!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Looks like fun but shrinky dinks are new to me??

Maria said...

A great fun day with the girls making their Shrinky Dinks...

Melissa said...

Looks like it was another fun and productive day!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

buttons made from Shriny Dinks?! Do tell! I want to hear more about that. I have a cute crow button from you but I didn't know how you made them. Now I want to know. :)