Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Crafty Tuesday! and a fusion blanket update

Today was the first day of a new tradition here at ellyn's place.... Crafty Tuesday! On the first Tuesday of each month I am opening up my home to all my girlfriends who do any kind of crafting. Today Melissa came and brought her scrapping goodies. You should probably check out Melissa's blog if you haven't already. It's pretty awesome! She was making embellishment treats for other gals she is meeting on a retreat this weekend.
I forgot to get a picture of Lori who was stitching together a little pillow from a rug hook kit her daughter had made. Very cute! I'll get her next time. Oh, and here's a picture Melissa took of me (yes, it took about 20 tries to get a picture where I wasn't making a total goonie face.) Do you see what I was working on?

 It's my fusion blanket! I've made a lot of progress (although I did not reach my goal of finishing the blanket in August. Darn.) Sixteen blocks finished and joined! Not bad...
 Here's the back...
You should check out all of the blankets in this crochet along. The flickr group is here. So many cool variations! It's never too late to join in the fun.

Two more rows of blocks and I can start on my border.

7 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your Fusion blanket looks amazing! I can't wait to see your ruffly border. And what a great idea for crafting with friends!

Melissa said...

Just added Crafty Tuesday to my calendar for the next several months (don't have next year's calendar, yet!).

Maria said...

Nice to meet Melissa and I will pop over later. On my way to Mah Jong.

Nice photo of you crafting Ellyn.

Love your fusion blanket..

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Crafty Tuesday is fun! Enjoy your monthly gatherings. Your fusion blanket is awesome.

Wendy said...

This turned out really well!

Sally said...

A crafty day once a month with friends sounds like a wonderful idea. Of course, I'm always the one overwhelmed by thinking of taking all my things to someone else's house... mainly because I'm not very organized :-/

Your Fusion blanket already looks so soft and lovely! I can't wait to see it when it is completely finished!

Laura Maxell said...

I have given you the Sunshine Award. Head over to my blog to check it out.
Happy Sunday.
Laura :)