Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sudoku quilt

It's finished! And I really love it.... The kit was a birthday gift from my pal Joellen. I had so much fun picking out the solid (stone, moda solid), figuring out the puzzle & stitching up the top. The squares are Central Park by Kate Spain. I decided to do a pieced back (loving that craze! Anybody else?) and, as you know, a scrappy binding. I think I like the back as much as the front!


I gave the same kit to my mom for Mothers Day & she says hers is done & hanging in her kitchen nook... but she won't tell me what colors she used! I have to wait until I go see her in August to see it.




This was great fun to do. Sorry it took me so long to get the pictures up. I teased you with the binding tips before our baseball trip. Believe it or not, I left the binding half done & finished it up after the trip! Not like me at all. Now all I need is some cooler weather so I can snuggle under my finished quilt. Not likely any time soon.




4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love it! Perfect to bring some sunshine during the winter. Enjoy it!

Melissa said...

Lovely quilt Ellyn and I'll vote with you for the cooler weather!!!

Lisa said...

I love it! Such a gorgeous bright quilt.

Maria said...

What a lovely Suduko Quilt. Love the pattern. I have made Two so far. Make great gifts.