Sunday, September 26, 2010

An early finish!


This past summer Steve asked if I was going to make him a quilt to take to college. He requested a quilt in the colors of his school of choice, Arizona State University. Maroon & Gold! So I immediately set out to find a pattern that was masculine & young at the same time. I found this quilt in McCalls Quick Quilts magazine, it was called Sea Glass. It took 12 fat quarters and extra black & gold for the borders.

Last Saturday Steve found out he has been accepted to ASU! He is a senior in High School this year & will leave in August 2011 to study journalism at the ASU Cronkite school. & now he has a quilt to take with him. I just need to hide it from my hubby who is so pleased that it matches our family room....




6 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Congrats to your son! His new quilt looks amazing. Definitely a fun quilt for college.

Tilly said...

Great job, Ellen! Are those solids or prints? I can't tell.
Bring it by the shop so we can see it!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Congratulations to your son. Lovely quilt, Ellyn! What a nice quilt to have at school!

Maria said...

Congratulions Steve.
WOW what a great quilt for you to take with you and cuddley under.Now is it going to put away till 2011??? Mum says to keep it away from your Dad as you may want it. LOL
Great job Ellyn.

Leigh Anne Zinsmeister said...

WOOOO Sun Devils! Now he's all ready to come out here, right?! Send him my way!!!

Sally said...

This quilt turned out great! I bought the magazine for this pattern...so that I can try to make it eventually. I love the colors...they look great together.