Wednesday, March 24, 2010

finally finished!

Almost a year ago in this post I shared that I had learned to crochet hexagons. For a while I made one hexagon a day & added it to my afghan. Sometimes I got bored with it (or the days were too hot to work on it!) & I set it aside for a while. But I loved its bright cheerful colors & always picked it up again. Last night I finished adding the white border around the edges..... Sixty-four hexagons.... no two alike as far as I can tell.... and now I am toasty warm while I watch American Idol....

Any other Idol fans out there? Who are you voting for? I was a huge Lily fan, & she didn't even make the top 12. Shows how much I know! Ah well, my favorite may not win, but I'll be toasty warm watching!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Oh you do look cosy under your colourful hexagon rug. Your toe must be cold though as it is stitcking out. LOL

Yes I love "IDOL" Don't know your singer as I watch Aussie idol.

Joanna said...

I love the colors in your hexagon afghan. And I like your method of doing one at a time and adding it on. good idea.

Sewjoe said...

It turned out so pretty! Congrats on getting it done!!

Sally said...

I love your afghan! It definitely looks warm and cheerful. I've always wanted to make one in a similar style, but my attention span doesn't lend itself to this type of crocheting :-)