Friday, June 19, 2009

this & that

This morning I mailed off 6 shopping bags to my sister in Ohio. The girls at the Cleveland Clinic, where she works are waiting for them.... including this one. I really love how this turned out & think I might make another for myself...Ally & I have been looking at sewing machines. She wanted her own for her 13th birthday (which is still about 6 weeks off). Today we decided to get this machine from Hancock Fabrics. Ally named it Steve. Why you ask? Because it's a BROTHER! DUH!We barely had it out of the box & Ally was on the floor pinning...And by dinnertime, she had finished this pair of sleep shorts! Great job I say!While she was working, I was right by her side at my machine making this: Fun fun! My first pin cushion. I filled it with crushed walnut shells that I bought in a ziploc bag at the quilt store. Everyone says you can get a big bag of them at the pet store cheaper, but when I went into Petco the other day & asked the lady, she looked at me like I had three heads! I will keep looking!

Ally & I made the fancy pins the other day with shrinky dinks! We're having a fun summer.

I've been working away at my granny squares too. Ally's afghan has 65 squares now! & my hexagons are coming along too.


15 hexagons! They take a little longer but are so fun to make.
Lots of projects here. Hope your summer is just as happy as mine!

3 comments:

Beth said...

love the bag!

Vintage Chicken said...

GREAT job on the shorts!
It's always fun to start and finish a project quickly - it helps to motivate me to do more! LOL

Oh, and the the bag is cute too!

Ellyn said...

thanks girls! Ally has since finished a pillow too.. & the shorts have been worn & washed!