Friday, May 15, 2009

sewing for me!

Today I decided to make myself a new top to go with the pretty white capris I bought the other day. I've put on a bit (ok, more than a bit) of weight in recent months & really need some clothes that make me feel pretty. I had bought this pattern the other day.....
It was so simple! Took me about 2 1/2 hours from cutting to wearing! I think if I make the "skirt" piece about 10 inches longer it would be a cute & comfy summer dress. I'm going to try that! Of course, that will require another trip to the fabric store (oh darn!)
After I finished sewing it, I made my hubby take me out to lunch! He had taken the day off to get some things done around here. So we had a nice lunch out while the kiddos were at school. How many years until they are all moved out? Not many, I know. It will fly!
Happy Weekend!

No comments: